The society is dedicated to the following aims:
- improvment and spreading of glaciological knowledge,
- facilitates contacts between glaciological experts, practitioners and society,
- takes position in glaciological questions of general interest,
- supports knowledge exchange and collaboration between its members,
- keeps contacts to national and international societies, and supports the next generation of scientists.
The Swiss Society for Snow, Ice and Permafrost is open to all persons interested in glaciology.
Swiss Snow, Ice and Permafrost Society (SIP)
c/o Dr. Matthias Huss
University of Fribourg
Chemin du Musée 4